Master of Science in High Integrity System (HIS) program is taught in English in Fachhochschule University of Applied Sciences, Frankfurt am Main. To be very honest, this FH is not very well reputed in Germany but the course structure is awesome. But if you are not comfortable of maths then this course is strictly NO NO to you. 😉 The plus point this FH is that this is the only university in the Frankfurt where Technical studies are there. Sometime it is also refered by Frankfurters are Frankfurt technical university.
This course is having too much mathematical stuffs like logics, Full of Statistics etc. When you start your studies in this HIS program, Professors assume that you work every day. One thing I get to know about this course is that you cannot F*** around. It will give you a toll on your master’s studies. But yaa, Enjoyments on Weekends is must but if you stretch to long time then it will become problamatic. 😉
This Master’s High Integrity System is having great future prospects. It can be categorized in two Parts:-
1. Safety critical system: Safety critical systems deals with the softwares which directly impact the human lives if it fails like softwares for Aerospace, Aeroplanes, medical field, Nuclear energy etc. If these software fails then it will be very dangerous for human life or loss human life.
2. Mission Critical Systems: This is part impacts the day today life of the people. Mission critical softwares are banks, databases, mobile technologies, aerospace unmanned vehicles etc.
so you can see, this HIS master program is having wide prospects and you can choose your field of interests.
Following are the List of latest Curriculum taught in HIS.
1. Safety Critical Systems
2. Advanced Formal Modeling
3. Introductory Data Analysis
4. Real-Time Systems
5. Implementation of DBMS
6. Pattern Oriented Software Architecture
7. Elective I: Data Mining or
8. Advanced IT security
9. Advanced Testing Methods
10. Formal Specification & Verification
11. System theory & Modeling
12. Transaction Management
13. Multivariate Data Analysis
14. Elective II: Standards and certification or
Current topics in High integrity Systems
15. Elective III: Human Machine Interface Design for
Safety Critical Systems or
Intelligent Sensor Network Systems
16. Simulation Methods
17. HIS Project
18. Master Thesis
Hope that is enough information. For rest of the question about study, job prospects in Germany. Please refer my Previous post – Study in Germany
If you need some more information about HIS then leave comments. I try to answer to the best of my knowledge.
Wish you all the best for future ahead!!